HYBRID & DISTANCE LEARNING IN GUIDANCE WITH
SPOKANE REGIONAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
If it is needed, we do have plans for hybrid and distance learning that we can implement. At this time, we are planning on being in person 100% for the 2021-2022 school year.
Here is more information on our model for online learning:
- Multiple live sessions with the teacher(s) each school day (see Sample Distance Learning Schedule below). The length of each session time will vary depending on the grade.
- Hands off approach for parents, student learning will happen with the guidance of teachers
- All school work will be completed in session or in a small group or with teachers and support staff between the start of the day and dismissal
- Live instruction, small and large group work, and independent activities
- Specific times scheduled for each subject
- Bible classes
- Virtual chapel each week
- Blended learning and some asynchronous (learning not at same time) instructional models for student support
- Set times for intervention, support, and connections for parents and/or students to meet with teachers
- Use of Google Classroom as our school-wide Learning Management System
- Chromebooks (laptops) for 1st-8th grade students that have preloaded required software for immediate learning per grade and classroom monitoring software. Tablets are provided for kindergarten students.
- Intervention support as needed
- Enrichment experiences as supplements (PE, Music etc.)
Below are some features from our distance learning in Spring of 2020